Idaho Falls, ID, USA ● Virtual Req #99
Monday, May 10, 2021
Iteris' Commercial Vehicle Operations team focuses on assisting state enforcement agencies to have the screening and data entry applications they need to manage state and federal motor carrier safety programs (such as International Registration Plan and International Fuel Tax Agreement) The team works directly with customers to understand the problems the industry is facing and continually evolve products that improve the user's experience when addressing important problems.
Our team is an Agile team currently practicing Scrum for development of new products and features while also continuing regular maintenance of our products for 23 major clients. The product and development teams work closely to collaborate to quickly bring solutions to market. Our market has high demands for innovative solutions, and we are in need of an experienced Product Owner to help bring the vision to life!
Iteris has been a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations for more than 15 years. We have had a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
What you will be doing:
Focus on assisting state enforcement agencies to have the screening and data entry applications they need to manage state and federal motor carrier safety programs (such as International Registration Plan and International Fuel Tax Agreement) Work directly with customers to understand the problems the industry is facing and continually evolve products that improve the user's experience when addressing important problems.
- Gain a deep understanding of client and program business rules to understand the impact to the affected persona and how the product needs to adapt to address these needs.
- Create development work items and maintain a healthy product backlog to ensure predictable delivery of value as part of the Scrum team.
- Prioritize work items for solution, refinement and execution based on the product roadmap that is established by the product manager
- Facilitate scrum activities for backlog refinement and sprint planning to ensure the appropriate level of context is distilled to the delivery team AND that sprint metrics are reliable.
- Act as a liaison among the Product Manager, users and technical stakeholders to facilitate business and technical information sharing in a structured and well-documented format
- Provide input to the roadmap from insights gained through user collaboration, observations and incoming customer requests
- Work closely with the user groups to prioritize maintenance and bug fixes appropriately to adhere to our rigorous SLA.>
- Actively engage in project oversight to ensure customer success and on-time delivery for n ew installations. This position will require the ability to manage projects with in the product backlog and report project progress to necessary stakeholders.
- Assist in requirements testing and training of new users
- Assist in developing new proposals to expand the user base of the products delivered
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing complex and diverse Information Technology (IT) projects3
- Ability to pass a TIER 3 background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and Aha preferred
- Transportation systems or related field experience desired (not required)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish directives independently
- Understanding of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Innovative Technology Deployment (ITD) programs, Performance Registration Management Information Systems (PRISM) or Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) preferred.
- Experience working with State and/or Federal government entities, writing federal grant applications and/or managing federal grants, and state or federal procurement practices.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Professional project/program management certification (PMP, PgMP)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) highly preferred
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business acumen -- the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues.
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal orientation -- the ability of the individual to act to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objective and perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Salary
- Idaho Falls, ID, USA