ICM Corridor Manager
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate. We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a ICM Corridor Manager.
What you will be doing:
Identifying operational concerns that are affecting traffic flow and initiates the implementation of strategies to eliminate or mitigate those concerns. You'll functionas a signal timing specialists who is experienced in the field of arterial traffic operations and is extremely familiar with the traffic operations along the program corridors.
- Ensure that critical State Road arterial corridors are being operated at a high level of efficiency and effectiveness by establishing baseline conditions for each corridor, identifying any deficiencies, monitoring the corridor on a regular basis to identify any degradation of the corridor requiring corrective action, and then initiating such corrective action.
- Provide signal timing plan development/refinement following maintaining agency protocol and practice and development/refinement of special event timing plans to be implemented as part of active arterial management.
- Focus on daily operations of multiple arterial roadways to which he/she is assigned.
- Use all available platforms (ATMS, travel time, ATSPM, CMS, etc.) to analyze and adjust signal operations to obtain maximum throughput and provide safe, reliable and efficient arterial operations.
- Report directly to the Arterial Engineer and coordinate with Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) Operators; spend majority of time at the Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) and liaise with maintaining agency contacts.
- Assist in the coordination of AAM/TMC activities by assisting in the management of responses to disasters and high-profile special events, accommodating the data needs of special agencies and third parties, etc.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a traffic operations
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations
- FDOT District 5 arterial corridors knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Field Technician Level I (or obtain within 6 months)
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signals Certification - Level II or higher preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Systems - Southeast
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Orlando, FL, USA