Iteris has been a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations for more than 15 years. We have had a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation, and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking an Assistant Controller.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the company's accounting function, including technical and general accounting teams. Manage and mentor staff. Identify and lead process improvement initiatives and provide compelling analytics on projects, costing, gross margins, and operating expense analysis.
- Manage the month-end close process and ensuring accurate and meaningful financial reporting is provided to executive management on a timely basis.
- Lead the General Accounting and Technical Accounting teams.
- Responsible for continued development and coordination of a best-in-class financial accounting organization that will support the company's long-term growth strategy.
- Ensure quality performance and oversight of job cost analysis including preparing work in process schedules.
- Preparing monthly internal financial statements, budgets, forecasts and analyzing and cash funding needs.
- Coordinate and oversee expenditures including reviewing, tracking and reporting detailed expenses on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the company's external audit firm by supporting the annual audits and interim reviews.
- Validate and support the design and implementation of effective internal controls over financial reporting.
- Contribute resources when appropriate with corporate tax filings.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and external parties to ensure financial information is provided and received is accurate.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum six (6) years of accounting or finance experience
- At least four (4) years of experience in a public accounting firm with experience in the audit of publicly traded companies
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams within a department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Oracle Enterprise resource planning (ERP) preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Master's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant required, active license.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers. Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
What’s In It For You
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1700 Carnegie Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705, USA