Technical Accounting Manager
1700 Carnegie Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705, USA Req #81
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for managing and reviewing work performed by the Technical Accounting team. Work closely on internal and external reporting, including SEC filings. Work closely with the General Accounting team and Project Accounting team, and assist in close related activities in technical areas, including recording journal entries and performing account reconciliations. Responsible for overseeing the Company's general accounting function as well as managing the month-end close activities of the general accounting department in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
- Manage and mentor the Technical accounting team to ensure timely completion of responsibilities
- Review of journal entries and reconciliation related to technical accounting are such as revenue, equity, investment, leases, capitalized SW, business combination, etc.
- Manage internal and external financial reporting, internal and external audit coordination
- Work closely with other managers to improve and document processes within the accounting department and across the organization.
- Communicates regularly with subordinate managers and functional peer group, as well as external customers or vendors depending upon the job function.
- Explains policies, practices and procedures of the area of responsibility to others within the organization
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in technical accounting, preparing journal entries and account reconciliation
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a manager role
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritization, training and process execution.
- Experience with accounting software or large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- ASC606, ASC842, multiple element arrangements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a similar field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Business acumen -- the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Time management skills -- the ability of the individual to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
- Working under pressure -- the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- 1700 Carnegie Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705, USA