Annuity Insurance Operations Manager
This position oversees the operations of Janney’s Annuity & Insurance Operations and leads a team of six Operations Associates. The team works closely with Janney’s Wealth Management division to support all aspects of the insurance sales and servicing process. The Department Manager will function as a contributing member of the Operations leadership team and work closely with other departments within Operations and across the firm as necessary.
- Lead and manage a team of Annuity & Insurance Associates to achieve service goals/objectives.
- Provide work direction to associates and coordinate workflow within the team.
- Interview, select and train new associates on Janney and policies and procedures and facilitate and support an open dialogue among the team.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to associates on their performance and development needs both on a routine basis and through annual performance reviews.
- Participate in strategic and operational decision-making related to Annuity & Insurance Operations including the development of short- and long-term goals to improve overall service to clients.
- Proactively recommend innovations and modifications in line with industry requirements and corporate goals/objectives to improve operational processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Organize/execute department projects on time and within budget that includes writing business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and Janney policies.
- Perform a variety of management and administrative duties that contribute to the overall efficiency, effectiveness, and positive reputation of the Department.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Series 99 or Series 7 and insurance licenses preferred or obtained within 90 days of start date.
- Five years of related experience in the financial services industry with a strong track record of delivering a high level of service to clients.
- Two years’ experience successfully leading/managing a team and providing an engaging, productive work environment strongly preferred.
- Effective project management skills as evidenced by successful project implementations
- Superior time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and creatively, and perform at a high level in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Advanced expertise using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of demonstrating and achieving Janney’s core values of delivering with integrity, being results driven, keeping people at the center, exceeding expectations and meeting the standards required of managers.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America