Municipal Underwriting/Trading Support Associate
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our Municipal Underwriting desk as a Municipal Underwriting/Trading Support Associate. The successful candidate will support all functions of the institutional municipal underwriting desk including but not limited to primary negotiated offerings, primary competitive offerings, and operational tasks including ticketing of deals with respect to the desks day-to-day functions. The candidate will play an integral role in communicating with Janney’s Fixed Income Institutional Sales force as well as Janney’s Public Finance Department with respect to new Municipal Bond issues managed by Janney. The successful candidate should be passionate about the Fixed Income marketplace and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work closely with Institutional Municipal Traders and Underwriters to help ensure the best execution of new Municipal Bond issues. This includes: assistance with computation of competitive bids for new municipal bond underwritings, distribution of pricing/pertinent materials for both competitive and negotiated underwritings, assisting in communications between Janney’s Institutional Underwriting desk and external Institutional Municipal bond dealers.
- Supports the Negotiated and Competitive Underwriters with respect to their day-to-day operations. This includes clerical, recordkeeping, ticketing and new issue settlement duties.
- Works alongside our compliance group to ensure the Underwriting desk’s day-to-day operations are compliant with all procedures Janney’s compliance department has put in place.
- Assists Underwriters in communicating with Fixed Income personnel, including Institutional traders and salespeople with regard to new issues managed by Janney.
- Communicates with Janney’s Public Finance department with respect to new Negotiated offerings both before and after a new issue has been brought to market by the Underwriting desk.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2+ years of industry experience.
- Series SIE, 7, 52 and Series 63, or ability to obtain Series SIE and 52 within 6 months of employment and Series 7 and 63 within 12 months of employment.
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Ability to learn specific industry software. Bloomberg a plus.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofing skills required. Attention to detail and positive can-do attitude a must. Strong inter-personal skills with a focus on client service.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours as needed to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and deal process is seamless.
- Ability to tolerate peak workloads, multiple assignments and produce results with accuracy and reliability. Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor and retain composure in stressful situations. Ability to initiate action and work independently on most tasks.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America