Business Development Consultant, Florida and Southeast Regions
The Regional Business Development Consultant (BDC) is responsible for the development, support and delivery of strategic programs that help Janney advisors grow and improve their practices. This position sits at the intersection of sales strategy, practice management, learning and development. Regional responsibilities will be predominately in the Southeast and Florida. The preferred location for this position is a Janney office in the Southeast, Florida or Philadelphia/home office area.
- Collaborate with regional and branch managers to support the growth of advisory business and planning centric practices.
- Build and develop meaningful advisor relationships through a consultative and educational approach providing insight on best practices and common obstacles.
- Help advisors incorporate a planning based approach that allows them to drive revenue and better serve their clients while positioning their practice for future growth; help advisors enhance their sales and practice management skills.
- Identify and implement strategies and tools to support advisors as they deepen client relationships and grow their businesses.
- Research best practices in the industry through analysis of our top FAs, industry experts, and home office resources, and deliver that information to the region.
- Assist advisors and their support teams in leveraging Janney’s Wealth Management Department (Advisory Services, Retirement Plan Services, Wealth Planning, Financial Planning and Investment Solutions).
- Assist with the development and delivery of training and educational programs including financial planning training in conjunction with our Wealth Planning department.
- Collaborate with Marketing to support advisor business development and client servicing efforts.
- Collaborate with our teaming specialist, regional managers and branch managers to help FAs build effective teams and succession plans.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in the investment industry.
- Client facing financial planning and/or investment advisory experience preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65) required (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a compelling, actionable way.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well both individually and collaboratively.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Skilled at critical thinking.
- High ethical standards.
- Must be able to travel extensively within assigned region (60-70%).
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America