Corporate Communications Coordinator
The Corporate Communications Coordinator will help to support the firm’s communications strategies. This person will be a key contributor in our efforts to increase awareness of Janney’s strategic value, people, and platform through all external and internal channels.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Support social media strategy, including both day-to-day and longer-term management of corporate accounts in addition to the firm’s award-winning social media program for Financial Advisors.
- Support project and workflow/operations management for Corporate Communications team to ensure accuracy and timely completion of projects and tasks.
- Assist with execution of internal communications strategy to drive employee engagement, and support firm goals and strategic initiatives.
- Support public relations efforts through proactive planning, media placement, and working with an outside agency.
Project and Operations Management
- Manage corporate communications projects and calendar in Workfront.
- Publish content across relevant communication channels, including intranet and website.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant project stakeholders to streamline processes and problem solve as needed.
- Help create and analyze reports for Corporate Communications efforts.
- Support event logistics for firm-wide quarterly meeting and update.
- Support creation and publishing of high quality, timely, and engaging content on the firm’s corporate social media accounts.
- Support social content management for the firm’s 850+ Financial Advisors. Leverage content marketing campaigns to coordinate and schedule content across social platforms.
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of accounts in real time, flagging relevant trends and any potential issues.
- Assist with editorial calendar, idea generation and content development for firm’s internal newsletter.
- Publish and maintain content through various internal channels, including Janney’s digital signage platform, intranet, and other mediums, to help promote firm news.
- Work with internal stakeholders to help identify and promote engaging stories among firm, employee, community audiences. and office, and employee communities
- Assist with drafting external communications, including press releases, marketing materials, speeches, presentations, videos, talking points, and other written communications as needed.
- Coordinate and publish content on firm website and other external channels.
- Collaborate with external agency to help support public relations and media relations efforts.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and motivation
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and quickly grasp concepts and information to apply to work assignments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writer and communicator with ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to work in both a self-directed and team-centric manner in order to collaborate effectively and be a contributing member of the team
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities
- Desire for a career in the financial services industry
- Bachelors or advanced degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or journalism ( degree preferred but not required)
- Communications experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Experience with Hearsay Systems platform a plus, but not required.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America