Account Services Associate- New Accounts
Janney is equally committed to providing our corporate and institutional clients objective advice for the successful execution of their unique business plans. Janney provides advice and service to clients through a network of professionals in branch offices located along the entire east coast. Janney is an independently operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, the seventh largest mutual insurance company in the nation based on capital, and is a member of the New York Stock Exchange, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation.
The New Accounts Associate is an integral member of the Account Services team and responsible for supporting and coordinating a wide range of activities associated with account opening, account maintenance and transferring of accounts of varying size and complexity from inception to completion. This team member will work closely with the department manager, project manager and team supervisor as they deliver successful projects that reflect the highest standards of quality and make a significant impact on Janney Operations.
- Review all new account set-up for transitioning Financial Advisors to ensure accuracy. The new account set-up is critical to the first impression of the new Financial Advisor and their clients (checks, welcome kit, etc.).
- Cross-train with other Senior Associates to provide back-up coverage for critical functions.
- Review and approve all Welcome Kits on a weekly basis to ensure accurate printing of information to our clients.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the New Account team daily work.
- Provide training for associates, when necessary.
- Allocate team resources to ensure the smooth and timely processing of all work items handled by the team.
- Assist with the creation of reports to be used with associates through the SMART system.
- Participate in review of BETA changes for ACAT and New Accounts to determine what steps, if any, are required to be implemented for the team.
- Analytical Skills: work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions. Assist with the development, measurement, and reporting of all data related with account services functions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Financial Services Operations or the financial industry.
- Self-directed with an ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and multi-task effectively across various projects.
- Effective problem solving skills with an ability to provide solutions in a pro-active, timely manner.
- Excel skills to include the use of macros, pivot tables, charts, etc.
- Process improvement orientation.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate Janney values.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America