Reading Truck Group - Plant Electrician
Reading Truck Body, an award- winning and innovative manufacturer of truck service bodies and equipment in the Reading, PA area currently has an opportunity for a skilled and experienced Electrician!
Start your career off with an enhanced vacation package and new starting rates! New Electrician Team Members are eligible to receive “TWO” sign on Bonuses each after 90 days with good performance. Fantastic Benefits Program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k with Company Match just to name a few. Come join the Reading Team and start your new career today!
Perform skilled work in the construction, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical and electronic equipment, apparatus and fixtures used in industrial application.
- Inspect, maintain, repair and overhaul electromechanical, electrical control, lighting, wiring, communications, and solid-state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Prepare, install and assemble conduits and wiring through them.
- Perform medium voltage switching (600 volts) and operate generators in support of operations.
- Read technician diagrams and prints. Accurately maintain, document and revise diagrams and prints with any changes.
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance standards.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Comply with station lockout/tag out procedures as mandated by company policy.
- Work safely and cooperatively with co-workers
- Other related incidental work as needed.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the electrical trade.
- General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Principles of electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits, wiring and electrical equipment
- Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) units and other computer based equipment.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Install, including programming, and troubleshooting PLC based equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working as an electrician in an industrial environment.
- Completion of a recognized Electrical Apprenticeship Program OR three out of the last five years’ journey-level experience as an electrician in the industrial maintenance field
- Possession and maintenance of valid drivers’ license.
- Forklift certification required prior to the completion of probation with maintenance thereafter.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
- Requires climbing, standing, bending and lifting heavy objects in awkward and confined spaces using proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Subject to exposure to fumes, dust and high levels of vibration.
- Subject to exposure to high noise levels required ear protection.
- Subject to working near moving parts of heavy machinery and high voltage equipment where the use of appropriate protective/safety equipment is required.
- Subject to working at heights
- Job Family Reading Truck Group
- Pay Type Hourly
- Reading, PA, USA