Reading Truck Group - Certified Welder - Aluminum & SS (1st Shift)
WELDER II (Aluminum & Stainless Steel)
Reading Truck Body, an award- winning and innovative manufacturer of truck service bodies and equipment in the Reading, PA area has several opportunities for skilled experienced Welders!
Start your career off with an enhanced vacation package and new starting rates! New Team Members are eligible to receive “TWO” sign on Bonuses each after 90 days with good performance. Fantastic Benefits Program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k with Company Match just to name a few. Come join the Reading Team and start your new career today!
A Welder II provides welding support as part of a team working on either Standard and/or Special assembled service bodies as well as small parts. This position will take fabricated steel parts and weld them into assembled units as specified on blueprints or work instructions and within specific quality standards.
- Weld together structural (Aluminum and Steel) metal components as specified by blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt components parts to obtain required configuration and positions for welding.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Complete inline quality inspection of work and Maintain weld quality in accordance to established quality guidelines
- Complete welding station tasks in accordance to established tak time (if applicable).
- Cross train on multiple welding workstations and perform required tasks in multiple stations when needed to fill staffing gaps.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools including welding equipment.
- Perform other assignments as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing to work overtime and varied shift assignments if necessary
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to pass tape measure testing
- Ability to read blue print (if applicable to the line)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
- Ability to work in a hot or cold manufacturing environment
COMMENTS: The Reading Group, LLC (TRG) does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Job Family Reading Truck Group
- Pay Type Hourly
- Reading, PA, USA