Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication
This position is responsible for supporting the fabrication department from a manufacturing engineering standpoint.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Designing and purchasing equipment, jigs and fixtures.
- Attending Product Improvement meetings and facilitating the implementation of process improvements.
- Developing process flow within the department and all areas your product supports.
- Lead and provide support for root cause analysis and problem solving of manufacturing quality issues.
- Support NPI
- Develop a precise means of management for optimal and cost effective operations.
- Support all aspects of manufacturing activities in welding and fabrication in regarding to quality, weld integrity and dimensional accuracy.
- Direct activities of Fabrication Technicians to maintain and improve equipment efficiency and reliability while improving safety and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is not essential if candidate has sufficient technical manufacturing experience
- Four years of experience in fabrication or similar manufacturing environment
- 3D CAD experience
- New Product Introduction experience
- PFMEA, risk assessments on equipment and safety
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests as applicable
- 5+ years of experience in fabrication or similar manufacturing environment
- Programming experience on lasers, robots, CNC, etc.
- Lean Six-Sigma certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Knowledge of automated fabrication processes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings & blueprints
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and to self-manage projects
- Proven ability to meet deadline in a fast paced changing environment
- Work effectively in a team environment through delegation
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment; available for overtime
- Knowledge around following equipment: CO2 Lasers, CNC Bending Presses, Welding Robots and CNC Machining Centers, Manual and Semi-Auto Welding Processes (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW)
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Both office environment and occasionally manufacturing/factory environment
- Subject to noise and temperature changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Pooler, GA, USA