Product Control Team Member
This position is responsible for performing operations and activities involved in shipping/receiving and the replenishment process of the assembly line and overall housekeeping function within the Production Control areas.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Perform general labor operations such as load/unload containers and trucks using a forklift of hand-jack
- Operate hand tools to break down packaging materials
- Perform general housekeeping within designated areas
- Apply Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques to improve production control operations
- Apply Problem Solving Tools and Techniques in an effort to assist Manufacturing in the elimination of defects and inventory areas
- Input receiving material into SAP system
- Correct storage of material before moving to assembly line for production use
Nature & Scope
Reports to Material Handling Team Leader
Must pass applicable drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests
High school diploma
One year of experience in forklift operation or inventory control procedures
Two years of experience in forklift operation or inventory control procedures
Two years of experience in a heavy equipment environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Knowledge or ability to operate a forklift or tug or the demonstrated ability to learn
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and self-directed
- Multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Flexibility with work activities; available for overtime
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Ability to operate pneumatic or various hand tools
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions.
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist.
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed.
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force.
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Manufacturing Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- JCB Manufacturing, Inc., 2000 Bamford Blvd, Pooler, Georgia, United States of America