Government & Defense Field Service Representative
Reporting to the FSR Manager, this position is responsible for providing service and technical support during provisioning, validation, verification, testing and training for government contract Product Support Package (PSP) logistic efforts, for contract period of performance 24 months.
The position is stationed out of JCB Inc. in Savannah but can require up to 30% travel to government contracting and/or military locations. The incumbent is required to always maintain a valid passport. This position demands a moderate level of fitness and agility without limitations of movement through manufacturing processes where moderate to heavy equipment is deployed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Provide expert technical service and maintenance support for government contract equipment
- Perform warranty inspections, repairs and/or replacements on government contract equipment
- Perform monthly cycling and inspections on government equipment in JCB storage
- Perform pre-delivery inspection and service audits
- Support service FSI and rework efforts
- Additional duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and applicable pre-employments tests
- At least 5-8 years of experience as government contract Field Service Rep or equivalent military maintenance background
- Interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics, extensive troubleshooting experience
- Experience instructing/training operators and/or maintainers.
- Able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- US citizen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Superb maintenance technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer focus to maintain positive relationship between JCB Inc. and supported agencies
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient with email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented and multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to work without supervision
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver technical instructions in military environment
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
JCB Inc. is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, JCB offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our website at https://www.jcb.com/en-gb/about/careers.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Pooler, GA, USA