Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Spearhead Make or Buy analysis for new and current production materials, products and services (the Materials)
- Research, validate and approve suppliers for product industrialization and production supply of materials
- Research requirements (technical, commercial, supply chain and volume), compile supplier bid lists, compile bid packages, solicit offers, negotiate contract terms, nominate vendors and issue Blanket Purchase Orders or Master Supply Agreements
- Monitor supplier adherence to timing, cost objectives, and quality for tooling and materials, and mitigate identified risks. Validate production approval (ISIR / PPAP) and conclude any open NPI topics
- Responsible for constant cost reductions and fulfilment of supplier capacity requirements through: commercial negotiations; process, product and material improvements; technology improvements; supplier investments; in-sourcing, re-sourcing and out-sourcing
- Coordinate supplier communication in a timely fashion with internal customers in Engineering, Production Control, Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, JCB Group Purchasing, JCB Management and external customers such as suppliers and service providers for all supplier matters
- Lead Supplier Escalation Campaigns where poor supplier performance threatens project objectives, production goals, quality objectives and or cost objectives
- From time to time, lead the purchasing effort for procurement of large ticket, non-production supplies such as new manufacturing equipment and or major overhauls
Nature & Scope
The position is stationed out of JCB Inc. in Savannah, but requires up to 25% travel to domestic and international supplier locations. The incumbent is required to maintain a valid passport at all times. This position demands a moderate level of fitness and agility without limitations of movement through manufacturing processes where moderate to heavy equipment is deployed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5 years strategic purchasing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with 3 years strategic purchasing experience
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and applicable pre-employments tests
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel: Advanced Level) applications and ERP Purchasing system (preferably SAP)
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and manage tasks issued to independent reports such as suppliers and cross functional team members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management
- Skilled in project management, reporting and presenting information, and statistical analysis
- Practiced in negotiations and conflict resolution
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials, engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Experience with the product development and NPI process from ‘Concept’ to ‘Production Release’ (ISIR/PPAP)
- Knowledge of industrial and quality principles, including: process layout, standard operating procedures, SPC (Cpk, Cmk, Ppk), PFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, APQP, 5S, ISO TS16949, ISO 14000, Kaizen, etc.
- Knowledge of product costing, accounting in a manufacturing environment, commodity pricing and foreign currencies
- Knowledge of international trade requirements for importing and exporting products, INCO terms
- Understanding of implications and challenges related to domestic and international sourcing
- Experience with standard practices, legal requirements and international purchasing terms and conditions
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Knowledge of supply chain, materials management, and road/ocean freight
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Pooler, GA, USA