Manufacturing Engineering Manager
60 years and countless innovations later, JCB has grown to become the 3rd largest heavy equipment manufacturer in the world providing a wide range of products across the construction, agricultural, compaction, industrial and waste & recycling industries and our people, JCB people, are at the heart of our business.
We answer to our customers, not a group of shareholders. That freedom allows us to concentrate on developing the latest technologies and incorporating them into our equipment. We focus on what our customer needs on the jobsite – a machine that holds up in the toughest environment and increases their productivity.
At JCB, we stand behind our products – and our name.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This position is responsible for leading the planning and execution of the manufacturing deliverables on all JCB products. Share in the development and implementation of manufacturing engineering/process tools that standardize JCB design for manufacturability event and successful cross-functional “simultaneous engineering” activities.·
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Identify required resources to execute the program based on scope and receiving equipment details.
- Manage other Mfg. Eng. resources on the program team and use knowledge and experience to direct the work quality and execution.
- Act as the conduit between products and the plant team, ensuring understanding, consensus and ultimate ownership of the plant
- Train and mentor other program M.E.’s and cross functional team members in the design for manufacturing and simultaneous engineering activities.
- Support the development and deployment of design for manufacturing process tools and standardize them across all JCB manufacturing teams.
- Teach and mentor the simultaneous (cross functional new product development) engineering process. Success is to create a center of excellence within the group that can then deliver programs at cost, quality and timing targets
- Lead the completion of all manufacturing engineering deliverables to execute a flawless launch, including developing the full process for in-house manufactured components which includes machining, assembly and test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Engineering
- Five years of manufacturing experience in processes and planning
- Prior launch experience where capital improvements have been made
- PFMEA, risk assessments on equipment and safety
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests as applicable
- Six Sigma Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Strong problem solving skills
- New Product Introduction
- Generating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Project Management
- Both office environment and occasionally manufacturing/factory environment
- Subject to noise and temperature changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Management
- Pay Type Salary
- JCB Manufacturing, Inc., 2000 Bamford Blvd, Pooler, Georgia, United States of America