Fabrication TM II - Welder - 2nd / 3rd Shift
This position is responsible for performing fabrication operations and activities involved in the production of Skid Steers, Backhoe Loaders and other units of equipment that are manufactured at JCB North America headquarters.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Perform general labor operations such as load/unload parts, grinding, scraping and nibbling fabrications
- Operate fabrication fixtures
- Perform general labor operations such as load/unload parts, in a press brake
- Able to perform semi-automatic GMAW (MIG) welding; Shielded Metal Arc welding and TIG welding
- Apply Problem Solving Tools and Techniques in an effort to assist Fabrication in the elimination of defects
- Two years of experience in fabrication or related field
- High school diploma
- Must pass applicable drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests as applicable
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in welding technology
- Five years of experience in fabrication or related field
- Experience in heavy equipment manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
Keen vision and mental alertness are required
- Knowledge and ability to perform bending processes or the demonstrated ability to learn
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Flexibility with work activities; available for overtime
- Ability to operate the JCB range of equipment or demonstrated ability to learn
- Operate the following equipment: grinders, manual, semi-automatic and robotic welding machines, bending presses, lasers and various hand tools
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
Subject to noise and temperature changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions.
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist.
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed.
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force.
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
JCB North America is currently not hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, JCB offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.jcb.com/en-gb/about/careers.
- Job Family Manufacturing Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- JCB Manufacturing, Inc., 2000 Bamford Blvd, Pooler, Georgia, United States of America