Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Government & Defense
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position based at JCB North America is responsible for all aspects of off highway vehicle mechanical design with a bias towards hydraulic systems and current production support.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Engineering design support for current products within the G+D portfolio
- New product introduction (concept to launch)
- The individual must have a good general overview of the systems used on off highway equipment.
- Simultaneous Engineering: Design for assembly, manufacture, and service.
- Work with purchasing to identify suitable suppliers and optimize piece cost.
- Present data / design / project progress to all levels including directly to the customer.
- Generation / completion of ePI’s, DVPSOR, change documentation and drawings.
- Previous experience working with MIL-STD’s would be beneficial
- Cost Awareness
- Design modifications to the existing JCB range of machines to meet specific Military requirements
Nature & Scope
Reports to Engineering Manager, Government & Defense
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and any pre-employments tests as applicable.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Three to five years of engineering experience within a similar industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in CAD Design & Drafting, preferably experience with NX CAD and Teamcenter Engineering.
- Organized, enthusiastic, self-starter with good problem solving skills with the ability to work autonomously or in a team.
- Strong engineering background, possessing an Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm as well as a sense of urgency, ownership of projects and a good awareness of off highway/military products.
- The ability to communicate clearly, across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of off highway / automotive products and a working knowledge of JCB engineering systems would be preferable but training will be provided where required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Take direction well and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to travel 10%
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
JCB Inc. is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, JCB offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our website at https://www.jcb.com/en-gb/about/careers.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- JCB Manufacturing, Inc., 2000 Bamford Blvd, Pooler, Georgia, United States of America