Assistant District Mgr COO - Los Angeles - South
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We’re always looking for top performers to add value & make a difference in people’s lives.
We offer flexible work schedules and pay based on performance.
The Seasonal Assistant District Manager (ADM) is responsible to help the business from the ground up providing real business leadership development and experience as well as deep understanding of critical components of business success (recruitment/retention strategies, marketing, employee development, operations, training, profitability, team leadership). This position manages the day-to-day activities of seasonal team members assigned to approximately twenty (20) or more stores and/or kiosk locations. This role has access to and regularly requires working with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and dealing with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
This is an approximately 8 months, full-time seasonal role with anticipated duration of September 1, 2021 – May 15, 2022.
What you'll do here:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
* Responsible for multi-unit retail locations in the assigned district and will work in tandem with the District Manager to strategically manage district operations.
* Reports to the District Manager and regularly communicates with them to ensure the company client experience standard is being achieved.
* Drives the operation at each location to maximize the efficiency of Tax Preparer work and increase revenue and profitability.
* Leads recruiting efforts and manages the interviewing process of seasonal employees for assigned area. Manages leads from JHnet and other sources.
* Works directly on job-fairs, hiring initiatives, process, and training of all preparers to execute the job.
* Assists or drives the tax education process and flow of teams, including the transition to hire process.
* Monitors associate performance to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors, or problems.
* Creates and/or approves work schedules and timecards. Monitors Dayforce during all shifts, works with Human Resources on any employee relations issues or complaints and training.
* Ensures all assigned locations meet company standards including but not limited to: office set up, buildouts and breakdown, technology set up, telecommunications, office supplies and facilities maintenance. Maintains relationships with property managers and landlords, works with District Manager on necessary corrective actions.
* Continuously builds the business by retaining existing clients, attracting new clients, and creating positive brand awareness.
* Resolves client complaints or answers client questions regarding policies and procedures.
* Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
* Monitors GL & P&L performance and holds/voids/rejects, discount reports and productivity reports for assigned store group. Also responsible for meeting all assigned district goals including, but not limited to revenue, cash control and tax return count in assigned area.
* Maintain relationships with brokers, property managers and landlords.
* Responsible for conducting internal audits of all assigned offices to ensure all employees follow company policies and procedures.
* Educate and support the client with marketing strategies including but not limited to, internal office branding, client segmentation and external marketing strategies.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
• Associate degree or equivalent related business experience. Course of study in management or in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
* 2 years previous management or supervisory experience required with a passion for leading and inspiring others.
* Entrepreneurial spirit that inspires out of the box thinking to impact business results.
* Tax knowledge preferred.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills.
* Must possess reliable transportation, insurance, and a driver’s license in good standing.
* Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications such as electronic mail, internet browser, Word and Excel preferred.
* Knowledge in accounting or tax preparation software preferred.
* Ability to sustain energy and remain available to subordinates during season including evenings and weekends.
* Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment.
What you’ll get if you join us:
* Corporate discount program
* Expand your leadership and operational knowledge
* Learn from a District Manager how to best support busy retail tax locations
* Make a visible impact within the organization
* Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
* Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
* Opportunities for advancement within the organization
* Join a great organization that cares about its employees!
- Job Family Store Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Riverside, CA, USA