KDC/ONE is a global leader in its space, which operates in 14 countries and employs over 10,000 employees worldwide. It is a best-in-class custom formulator, package designer and manufacturer. With high touch innovation, operational excellence and speed, KDC/ONE delivers integrated global end-to-end solutions for established and emerging beauty, personal care and home care brands.
The KDC/ONE team is made up of
the best in the business. Our diverse and evolving workforce thrives in our
environment of constant teamwork and collaboration. Join us today!
Legal Counsel (3-5 years)
Reporting to the Director, Legal
Affairs, the Legal Counsel provides a variety of legal services aimed at
supporting the day-to-day activities and global operations of KDC and its subsidiaries
in the areas of commercial and contract laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the drafting, review and negotiation of various business contracts, including procurement, distribution, manufacturing, services, purchasing or sale, and NDAs, among others.
- Assists on potential acquisitions, transactions and financing projects involving counterparties located around the world.
- Participate in risk identification and the development of legal solutions for special projects.
- Provide legal advices and opinions on various matters related to KDC/One’s commercial activities, including with regard to applicable legislation and regulations.
- Support business units with regard to legal issues raised in the course of the company's day-to-day activities (commercial, supply, etc.).
- Participate in the development and maintenance of corporate templates and the automation of certain documents and processes.
- Participate to general commercial activities and various projects of the corporation, as representative of the legal team.
- Manage relationships with external counsels.
- Perform all other related tasks of a legal nature related to the KDC/ONE’s activities.
- Bachelor of Law and member of a North American Bar.
- University degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration will be considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in law.
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken).
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and persuade others.
- Strong organization, intuitive, problem solving and multi-tasking skills and abilities.
- Developed business acumen.
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver under tight timelines.
- Any experience in contract management or in the manufacturing and beauty industries will be considered an asset.
If you are a motivated team player with a keen business sense, this is the perfect opportunity for you to build a career as a commercial legal advisor with our growing legal team in Longueuil, Québec.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator SG&A
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Longueuil, 375 boul Roland-Therrien, Longueuil, Quebec, Canada