Chemist - Stability-CLA Stability- R & D SG&A
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan with Employer Match
- Fun and Safe Work Environment
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Career Growth Opportunities
Position Description :
Complete projects based on Optiva workflows assigned by R&D Management. Prepare lab batches to complete Optiva workflows. Perform varied multi-task formulation, testing and development of products for various clients.
- Make daily batches based on Optiva Workflows assigned by Management.
- Formulate per assigned projects to them
- Prepare paperwork (Evaluation Sheet, C of A) and labels for submission.
- Adjust batches and validate specifications as necessary.
- Knowledge of ingredient deck listing.
- Knowledge of rules and regulation (FDA, CTFA, PCPC) for global formulation.
- Attend cosmetic seminars and meetings.
- Maintain housekeeping in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) standards.
- Prepare and document in writing, specifications for various batches.
- Accurately enter formulas into Optiva and Lab Notebooks.
- Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches.
- Ability to color match batches, troubleshoot and investigate out-of-specifications (OOS).
- Flexible and willing to perform other duties as needed (fill lab batches into components, calibrate R&D Lab Equipment)
- Oversee/supervise pilot and first three (if needed) production batches throughout the manufacturing process.
- Perform other duties and assignments as instructed by R&D Management.
- Request new raw material samples. Test and release new raw material samples.
- Assist other Lab Personnel as needed.
- Assist R&D Management with company audits or in preparation of audits.
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry, or related science field.
- 3-5 years experience as an R&D Chemist in the personal care industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer Skills.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- CLA, 20245 Sunburst St, Chatsworth, California, United States of America