Process Maintenance Mechanic (Groveport Facility)
Location – Groveport, OH
KDC is currently hiring at our Central Ohio locations in both Groveport and New Albany, Ohio! Part of the KDC/One network we are a best-in-class leading producer of specialty and personal care products. Our locations are accessible with easy commute located on RT. 33/Hamilton Rd in Groveport and RT. 161/Beech Rd. in New Albany. Excellent Opportunities with Competitive wages from entry level, semi and skilled trade positions. As an essential business we are continuing to grow our team and are excited to have you be a part of the KDC Team!
This position is responsible for:
· Understand and eliminate losses due to Process Failures (settings; adjustment; etc.)
· Correct breakdowns across all of operations as a priority
· Execute periodic maintenance tasks in partnership with the Reliability mechanics
· Act as Expert coach to the line team and develop their capability by establishing line standards (TPM) for AM – autonomous maintenance
· (CL, CIL, PM, OPL, Job Aide, 6S)
· Translate OEM material into meaningful standards for best results
· Act as a trainer to all operators
· Support the Supervisor and act in this capacity if and when required
· Report directly to the operations Supervisor
· Be highly visible and naturally flow to Equipment in view of ownership
· Support business critical maintenance work whenever necessary in other areas
· Work closely with the reliability maintenance mechanics for best results of line of ownership
· Represent ownership line/equipment result reviews in defined line and department forums
· Troubleshoot and maintain equipment
· Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
· Identify replacement parts and perform repairs.
· Attend drumbeat daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
· Maintain parts and tools inventory
· Prepare maintenance reports, work orders, and problem-solving documentation
· Lead continuous improvement events stemming from line/equipment losses (loss maps)
What are we looking for?
Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in an FDA regulated environment
Advanced understanding of pneumatics, conveyors, pumps, belt drives, sprockets, and mechanical machine components
Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools
Basic understanding of electrical systems
Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
Minimum a High school diploma or GED with advanced technical or college training
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Indirect
- Groveport, 4400 South Hamilton Rd, Groveport, Ohio, United States of America