Lead QC Chemist (Groveport Facility)
Lead QC Chemist
- Location – Groveport, OH
- Competitive Wages/Salary
- Health/Vision/Dental/401k/bonus potential!
- Sign-On Bonuses!
- Immediate opening
KDC is currently hiring at our Central Ohio locations in both Groveport and New Albany, Ohio! Part of the KDC/One network we are a best-in-class leading producer of specialty and personal care products. Our locations are accessible with easy commute located on RT. 33/Hamilton Rd in Groveport and RT. 161/Beech Rd. in New Albany. Excellent Opportunities with Competitive wages from entry level, semi and skilled trade positions. As an essential business we are continuing to grow our team and are excited to have you be a part of the KDC Team!
This position is responsible for:
- Assists the QC Lab Manager in planning, organizing, directing and controlling all activities in the analytical and microbiology lab areas.
- Leads, assigns and/or performs all activities within the QC Lab to ensure performance expectations, lab schedules and other related activities are met timely and with the highest level of quality.
- Motivates, coaches, develops and provides feedback to the QC Lab employees to ensure performance expectations are achieved.
- Collaborates with the QC Lab team and other departments to improve lab operations, and participates in special projects as requested.
- Reviews bulk product testing results to ensure any required adjustments to the bulk is within specification. Communicates any out of specs to the appropriate department leaders, as defined by QC Lab Manager.
- Ensures all equipment is being maintained, calibrated and verified according to applicable standards and specifications
- Reconciles and maintains inventory of lab supplies and equipment. Reports inventory levels and communicates discrepancies to the QC Lab Manager.
- Identifies and recommends new/upgraded equipment and/or methods to improve productivity and capacity.
- Leads and/or conducts investigations related to errors, safety incidents, quality defects and deviations to assure that root causes are identified and appropriate corrective action actions are taken and/or implemented.
- Coordinates and/or performs training for all QC Lab employees. Ensures all QC Lab employees have received the necessary training and are following all applicable SOP’s, Work instructions, and cGMPs procedures.
- Follows, promotes and enforces KDC’s safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Assists the safety department and safety committee with investigations and corrective actions related to safety hazards and/or incidents.
Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company’s quality system and FDA good manufacturing practices, includes maintaining a clean, contaminant-free and orderly work area at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
BA/BS in Chemistry or related technical field
Minimum of three years lab experience in manufacturing environment required.
Previous leadership experience strongly preferred.
SAP experience desired.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Indirect
- Groveport, 4400 South Hamilton Rd, Groveport, Ohio, United States of America