Work with all states, provinces and government offices to obtain updated requirements, and obtain blanket, bulk (consignment) and specialized permits and ensure that all specialized loads meet state requirements and are properly permitted.
- Prepare and submit all state and government applications, new and/or renewals, and authorize payment.
- Prepare and submit all reporting and reconciliation required by a specific state, including alcohol and hazardous material shipments.
- Order, cancel or update permits in the specific state's database.
- Establish and routinely audit all state escrow accounts to cover bulk (consignment) permits as needed.
- Ensure all regulatory changes are reflected in the permit manual.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of state permits, BCO power and trailer plates, company trailer plates and Landstar debit cards.
- Ensure all blanket permits are scanned and submitted for mass mailing.
- Review, prepare and submit credit requests to Settlements (permit credits, etc.).
- Daily audit of information keyed the prior business day in iSeries 400. Ensure all state-specific permits issued and/or cancelled were issued in accordance with state standards and truck apportionment.
- Review vendor invoices - ensure charges were recovered, prepare and submit for payment.
- Professionally work with states, government offices, and vendors as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data entry skills 88+ kpm, required
- PC skills Excel and Word, required (iSeries 400 and Access, preferred)
- Permit knowledge, required
- Excellent verbal and written skills, required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask or change tasks as needed with a strong commitment to quality
- Customer service experience, required
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Previous experience in balancing accounts, helpful
- Position requires an individual who is dependable, reliable and accepts accountability for work performed
- Must possess a high level of diplomacy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Minimum Experience - Two or more years’ related experience required.
Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Twelve months
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America