Agent Advisor, Rockford IL
HOURS: 8am - 5pm CST
To mentor, monitor and develop new agents with the field staff by providing education, support, and comprehensive training. Provide support by coordinating the Landstar system(s) and departments in the transition and development of new and existing business. Key focus will be newly added agents (first 6 months) and existing agents with developmental needs. Key role is to build strong partnerships and offer continuous support appropriate to the desires and needs of each individual agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Function as direct Region field team support.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and reporting results of support and development of assigned agents.
- Communicate with and monitor agents and prospects in assigned area daily.
- Identify agents with missed business opportunities and coordinate efforts to offer solutions
- Train agents on the proper procedures Ensure agents know the proper Landstar procedures for our processes such as completing a credit application, setting up a new carrier, reporting cargo damage, identifying, receivables issues, prohibited commodities, etc.
- Monitor and respond to agent requests.
- Provide comprehensive training on all Landstar sponsored tools/sites
- Conduct new agent 45-90-6 month progress reports
- Process and respond to agents account inquires
- Process calls, perform research and communicate interested candidates to field management, as needed
- Travel to new and existing agents to orientate them on use of Landstar systems as required
- Perform systems demonstrations, as requested
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Data entry 88+ kpm
Microsoft Office software proficiency, essential
Personal financial ability to travel with expenses to be reimbursed on expense reports
Ability to be a self-starter and work with very limited supervision
Prior training experience, preferred
Confident public speaker, preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED required; Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 2 years employment with Landstar OR previous transportation background, preferred
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group. Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to sit at workplace for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America