To be responsible for processing settlement adjustments and responding to all customers regarding settlement issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to, research, and process requests for corrections and freight bill discrepancies
- Respond to "Code Blues" received from Contractor Services.
- Research and correct freight bill "contact DP's" for line haul rates.
- Process the Special Advanced report.
- Process BCO rate corrections (3rd Party Payables).
- Process contractor settlement adjustments received from various departments and maintain
- log for adjustments made (i.e. claims, fuel and miles, tires (CTS), maintenance).
- Process distress loads.
- Process Code Blues.
- Process contact DP errors.
- Input data in computer upon receipt of information.
- Process BCO settlement adjustments for LCN fees.
- Process BCO settlement adjustments for trip pak.
- Process BCO settlements for TONU and detention loads.
- Process different types of Insurance - adds, changes and deletes; set up premiums to deduct from BCO settlements and enter adjustments.
- Reconcile different types of Insurance bills against deductions made, identify discrepancies and make corrections.
- Responsible for processing Garnishments, Levies and Child Support Orders received for contractors. This includes setting up deductions and remitting payments to the appropriate party.
- Process LCFI loans and adjustments for BCO's purchasing equipment through LCAPP.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good communication skills
- Data entry skills 88 kpm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Position requires an individual who is dependable, reliable and accepts accountability for work performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience:Two year minimum accounting or billing experience, required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to sit at workstation for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America