Director, Operations Product Management
Financially stable transportation logistics company seeking a proven leader to implement strategic initiatives and oversee a small team of product owners. Ops Solutions mission is to support the Landstar network of agents, customers and capacity through designing & executing solutions to gain operational efficiencies and increase market share. The Ops Solutions department has primary responsibility for ensuring compliance to customer service level requirements, as well as serving as liaison between business & technology communities to develop, test and implement industry leading technology offerings. The team’s core focus will be on buildout and enhancement of customer connectivity (EDI/API solutions), tracking & visibility, load management and carrier management product offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own strategic roadmap for multiple operational strategic projects in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Ensure effective program management by collaborating with other product leaders within organization to meet company strategic goals
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to staff of salaried employees
- Ensure quality & effectiveness of various logistics applications, with a focus on ensuring quality load offerings to capacity community; efficient tendering management; track and trace capabilities; etc.
- Serve as key project team member on various business and technology project teams.
- Lead project teams in the implementation, planning, execution and closeout of business projects.
- Continually measures and evaluates the progress toward the achievement of the project.
- Monitors project schedules and other key planning documents to ensure successful completion of project.
- Manage project timelines across multiple project teams and report on/provide regular status updates to internal and external teams.
- Leads business team to fully define and develop the appropriate project solution to business problem and identify key project results.
- Monitors project activities to continuously ensure alignment with company strategies and business needs.
- Manage user acceptance testing efforts
- Oversee development of departmental processes & procedures to ensure consistent quality objectives, to comply with internal and external audit standards.
- Establish departmental measurements and goals.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
Directly supervises small staff of salaried employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working within Agile framework, required
- Ability to define software development processes, tools and templates as required for the project
- Excellent negotiation, communication and organizational skills, required
- Understanding of financial concepts, such as margin analysis, cost controls & management, profit & loss, preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Access and Excel, required
- Understanding of product management concepts, required
- General knowledge of freight logistics, preferred
- Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice, and be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Knowledge of TMS & iSeries 400 functionality, preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with minimum two years leadership experience; or minimum six years leadership experience; or combination of education and experience, preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to read, write and speak English, required
Ability to read, write and speak Spanish, preferred
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional certification, preferred
Lean Six Sigma certification, preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at workstation for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America