Director, Product Management
The Director, Product Management role is the owner of the strategic product roadmap for multiple strategic projects in a fast-paced constantly changing environmeny. Works to understand, determine and prioritize user needs related to Landstar technology initiatives through cross-functional teams, to design & execute solutions that deliver a successful product to support Landstar’s network of agents, customers and capacity to gain operational efficiencies and improve the utilization and maintenance of company equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Develop detailed product feature specifications and ensure they’re clearly understood by the development teams
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work aligns with product strategy
- Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Lead the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Coordinates communications with stakeholders; serves as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the product
- Ensure effective program management by collaborating with other product leaders within organization to meet company strategic goals
- Serve as key project team member on various business and technology project teams.
- Monitors project schedules and other key planning documents to evaluate progress and ensure successful completion of project.
- Manage user acceptance testing efforts
- Oversee development of departmental processes & procedures to ensure consistent quality objectives, to comply with internal and external audit standards.
- Establish departmental measurements and goals.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; mentoring, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Experience working within Agile framework, required
- Ability to define software development processes, tools and templates as required for the project
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and organizational skills, required
- Working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Access and Excel, required
- Understanding of product management concepts, required
- Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice, and be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Understanding of financial concepts, such as margin analysis, cost controls & management, profit & loss, preferred
- General knowledge of freight logistics, preferred
- Knowledge of TMS & iSeries 400 functionality, preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with minimum two years leadership experience; or minimum six years leadership experience; or combination of education and experience, preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional certification, preferred
Lean Six Sigma certification, preferred
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America