Mail Clerk II
Coordinate daily activities within a department. Respond to inquiries that arise. Work with multiple parties, both internally and externally, to ensure smooth operations.
- Research and review issues that arise
- Prepare needed documentation
- Increasingly builds judgement and knowledge to use increasing discretion to problem solve
- Ask questions when unsure
- Prepare any needed correspondence
- Work with 3rd parties as needed
- Respond to all inquiries timely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum Experience: Four years of relevant experience required
ESSENTIAL DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- Operate Pitney Bowes Send Pro mail machine and other Pitney Bowes mailing equipment
- Accurately sort and deliver incoming mail and packages throughout the facility in a timely manner
- Process outgoing packages using multiple shipping platforms ensuring most cost effective methods are being selected.
- Collect and process outgoing mail for postal delivery
- Assist in processing outgoing driver and agent supply requests
- Monitor and record supply voice mail and emails
- Install and trouble shoot employee monitors.
- Run daily mail reports and accurately annotate mail volumes.
- Assist in tracking and resolving issues with UPS, FedEx, and USPS
- Remain abreast of rate and guideline changes within the USPS
- Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America