Data Entry Representative, Rockford, IL
This position requires working full time in the Rockford office building.
To ensure that all hard copy and electronically received documents are legibly scanned, verified, accurately encoded and routed to the appropriate departments on a daily basis. Responsible for researching and correcting problems to prevent delays in the final billing and/or settlement process.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure timely processing of documents received.
- Verify and research information in computer system.
- Maintain daily production reports to provide information for departmental measurements.
- Scan documents using computer software.
- Verify legibility and make enhancements using the computer software.
- Encode scanned documents according to internal and external requirements.
- Forward misrouted mail/documents to the appropriate departments.
- Locate and retrieve original documents from storage.
- Maintain accurate storage rotation and destroy originals in accordance with retention guidelines.
- Availability to work mandatory overtime
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data entry skills, 88+ kpm, preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to maneuver between multiple windows with mouse, required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and meet numerous daily deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required
Minimum Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Three months
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedure manuals, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and speak effectively to employees of the organization. Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to sit at workstation for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America