Safety & Compliance Representative
***This position is 4 days on/ 4 days off Including weekends and holidays***
Jacksonville, FL: 6AM-6PM
Rockford, IL: 5AM-5PM
Coordinate daily activities within a department. Respond to inquiries that arise. Work with multiple parties, both internally and externally, to ensure smooth operations.
- Research and review issues that arise
- Prepare needed documentation
- Uses discretion to problem solve
- Ask questions when unsure
- Prepare any needed correspondence
- Work with 3rd parties as needed
- Respond to all inquiries timely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum Experience: Six years of relevant experience required
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- This position is a 4 days on/4 days off 6:00am to 6:00pm schedule
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Handle inbound calls regarding any Safety or Compliance emergency situations operators may have, including Electronic Logging Device malfunctions, disabled vehicles, etc.
- Take accident calls and prepare reports for Safety, taking immediate follow up action if necessary regarding assigning insurance adjusters, emergency clean up, post accident drug/alcohol testing, etc.
- Review HazMat freight bills and procedures with operators, ensuring paperwork and placards are compliant with regulation
- Monitor operators in real time to ensure Hours of Service compliance, contacting operators if needed to ensure regulations are understood and adhered to
- Follow up on pending random drug/alcohol tests
- Various administrative duties for other departments as assigned, including preparing reports, data entry, mass messaging to fleet, etc.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America