The Solutions Specialist is a liaison between Landstar’s end user & IT community in ensuring system applications are operating at maximum efficiency. This role will demonstrate, implement, and train internal and external customers on the use and functionality of various Landstar operational applications (EDI, Customer Portal, Customer Reporting, Shipment Manager, Landstar Connect, etc.). This role will focus on on-going development, testing and promotion of proprietary & third party system applications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES include the following.
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Communicate with internal and external customers
- Assist with transportation analytics and cost improvement strategies
- Advise on application processes, procedures, and best practices
- Provide Support to Operations, Pricing and Sales team on system requests for best account solution
- Initiate CPRs for EDI customers and prioritize requests for the IT Department
- Present demonstrations and provide training for all Customer Portal applications and Customer Reporting tool
- Provide agent training on operations system applications
- Identify, analyze, review and implement solutions for any daily operational issues
- Assist with development, testing, and implementation of all systems and enhancements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
- Familiar with product &/or project management principles
- Detail oriented
- Fluency with MS Office-Word, Excel, and Access
- Transportation Management System experience, a plus
- Ability to interact effectively with all internal and external customers
EDUCATON and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED, Associate's degree in Logistics or related field, required. Bachelor's degree in Logistics or related field, preferred.
Minimum Experience: Previous Logistics transportation experience, preferred.
Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Six months
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America