Therapeutic Foster Care (HCTC) Licensing Specialist
Formerly known as HCTC Foster Care, the Therapeutic Foster Care Program provides short term care and support to children that endure behavioral health struggles.
Therapeutic foster parents will be placed with a child who has been approved for a higher level of support and care. These foster parents have a professional background in working with children who have experienced trauma or behavioral struggles. Therapeutic foster homes are meant to provide a safe and stable environment to the children in the home. The goal is to help these children move back to a lower level of care with a long term placement.
Full Time Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM, may include occasional evenings and weekends for home visits.
Location: Mesa, AZ
Pay Rate: 18.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist Program Manager in orienting, training, and evaluating new and ongoing TFC providers.
- Conduct meet and greet meetings with potential providers to assess fit for Therapeutic Foster Care program.
- Complete the initial OLR licensing process, including initial home visit, inspection, and homestudy.
- Once licensed, assure TFC provider file, license renewals, and amendments remain in accordance to Title 21 Chapter 6.
- Participate in the matching process and identification of TFC placement into TFC provider home.
- Provides 24/7 crisis support and direction to TFC provider.
- Provide in-home visits biweekly per contract and maintain weekly contact via email or phone.
- Attend, participate and support TFC provider at CFT meetings, court and TDMs, as required to meet program needs and within scope of practice.
- Assist in the translation of barriers and successes into positive system changes during CFT meetings and maintain communication with all team members.
- Provide training and community resources to TFC providers.
- Complete adoptive home studies or adoptive conversion home studies and prepare certification paperwork.
- Manage communication surrounding and process of certification with county court and applicants.
- Provide support to approved families in adoption process.
- Complete accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct, and thorough manner.
- Drive personal vehicle to transport clients and to conduct program business.
- Ability to work with OLR Quick Connect system, DCS and/ or agency required forms.
- Maintain communication with Program Manager and licensing entity in regard to any changes in TFC provider demographics and reporting outcomes.
- Support utilization management functions as needed in conjunction with Program Manager
- Attend external agency meetings, conferences and trainings as needed to TFC program.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and professionalism at all times, including verbal and written client/family information.
- Be aware of all contractual obligations pursuant upon the facility as a result of placements by each agency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health, Social Work, or Human Services required.
- 1-year recent experience in therapeutic foster care or foster care.
- 1-year behavioral health experience or related field required.
- Knowledge of community and behavioral health resources.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA