Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf's licensed and accredited 24-hour youth shelter for children (ages 12-17) that offer specialized case management for the purpose of family reunification. Meals, education and warm place to sleep are provided along with activities to keep the children’s spirits up and deliver round-the-clock care.
Our dedicated staff provide a safe and stable environment in which to foster the optimal growth and development of each child. Supporting objectives include improved physical health, improved education/vocation skill development and timely family reunification and/or release planning.
We are searching for a full time Spanish/English Bilingual Afternoon/Evening Youth Care Worker to be a part of the already amazing and dedicated team.
Available Shifts: Wed-Friday 1:30pm-10pm and Saturday 8am-10pm. (3 days Off)
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Provide consistent “line of sight” supervision for clients.
- Provide varied verbal and physical crisis intervention and counseling.
- Complete nightly bed count using Profiler. Complete shift report and daily progress reports in extended reach software.
- Review all resources (log book, staff meeting notes, etc.) to stay well informed of events, program/client needs.
- Document and submit significant and routine reports, such as progress notes, incident reports, logs, etc.
- Monitor self-medications as required.
- Maintain communication and perform tasks to assist in promoting the physical and emotional health of clients (i.e. nutrition, etc.)
- Collaborate with Clinical Team to observe, learn, practice, and effectively implement approved therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Have proficiency with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Have the skills necessary to engage and work with others.
- High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year of work experience required or Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a human services field with (1) one year of work experience needed.
- Must be Spanish/English bilingual. Verbal bilingual skills must meet the agency standard and have the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and the ability to interpret.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Needs current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!