Emergency Shelter Overnight Case Aide
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Are you passionate about helping others? We want you on our team!
We are looking for a part time, overnight case aide to join our team at Faith House.
A New Leaf's Faith House located in Glendale, Arizona, is a domestic violence / homeless shelter with 72-beds and 24-hour Emergency Shelter for women and children in crisis.
Faith House provides: a crisis hotline, safe housing/meals, case management, domestic violence/life skills/parenting education, community resources and referrals, employment assistance/Workforce Access Point Site, financial literacy education/budget counseling and assistance with securing permanent housing.
Schedule: Part-Time, Thursday-Saturday, 5PM-1AM
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly staff and training meetings.
- Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, statistics reports, daily activities, upcoming events, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program and submit to appropriate personnel.
- Under the direction of the manager, implement day-to-day structure:
- Role model appropriate behaviors to clients
- Answer and screen phone calls (multiple lines).
- Complete program paperwork designed to job.
- Brief clients on house rules, chores, housekeeping, requirements, fire safety instructions, assuring adherence.
- Provide resources/screening for crisis calls.
- Complete client intake/exit forms.
- Oversee off-site activities.
- Assist with the Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), taking meal counts & documenting, completing production worksheets, etc. along with serving nutritious meals and clean up.
- Assist with determining priority for program components in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation.
- Assist case managers with client needs.
- Meet with clients as needed to provide support, follow up and make appropriate referrals to resources.
- Assist with maintaining program appearance: cleanliness and maintenance of agency property, equipment and/or agency vehicles. May report repairs and maintenance needs.
- Assist in training new staff as required.
- Prepare and/or assist with meal/snack preparation and serving; including, assisting with cleanup.
- Drive 12-15 passenger van to transport clients and complete other duties, as needed
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Assist with “wake-up” call.
- Monitor security of the property through hourly ground checks.
- Review all resources (log book, staff meeting notes, etc.) to stay well informed of events, program and client needs.
- Stock and organize supply closet.
- Provide crisis intervention for clients.
- Ability to stay awake during the overnight shift.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Glendale, AZ, USA