Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Janitor Position at A New Leaf
We're looking for highly motived individuals that are passionate in working with children. The role that we are currently looking to fill is a Janitor position. Janitors assists the program and the clients by maintaining all common areas, Bedrooms, Restroom, Classroom and Offices clean. Janitors will need to keep inventory of all cleaning materials. Janitor may need to assist the staff on the floor by supervising the clients during class, recreation, lunch time and/or other times.
- Sweep, mop, and or vacuum
2. Disinfect common areas/furniture
3. Keeping inventory of all cleaning material
4. And other tasks
If you are a highly motivated person with a passion to work with people, this is the job for you.
Information in regards to the position:
Full Time Schedule:
Monday-Friday 8am-4pm (Flexibility in Schedule)
Location: Mesa, AZ
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, accrual of vacation and sick time, Employee Assistance Program, Annual reviews with possible merit increases and other.
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth
- Basic computer literacy; including, navigating a Microsoft Windows operating system, Outlook email exchange, and online applications.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- General cleaning of the four (4) facility sites; including, regular vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
- Responsible for observing and reporting facility maintenance needs or repairs to supervisor and/or submitting maintenance tickets.
- Drive personal and agency vehicle to conduct program business.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Support Youth Care Worker staff with direct supervision of clients, as assigned.
- Provide consistent "line of sight" supervision for clients.
- Assist and monitor client's self-administration of prescribed medication.
- Provide verbal crisis intervention and counseling to clients.
- Complete client Daily Progress Reports (DPR), daily. Accurately document client participation, behavior and activities through the shift.
- Under the direction of the shift director/manager, implement day-to-day structure to provide non-therapeutic services such as but not limited to, life skills education and training, recreational and social activities, and milieu activities to clients.
- Participate in a minimum of 4 hours per month of supervision with a certified or licensed behavioral health professional.
- Assist in welcoming and orienting approved visitors and agency partners to campus
- Collaborate with Clinical Team to observe, learn, practice, and effectively implement approved therapeutic interventions.
- Drive clients to approved scheduled activities (i.e. school, appointments, etc.) in 12-14 passenger van and adhere to Agency driving policy and procedures.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA