Administrative Assistant (Bilingual)
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf is seeking a Full time Administrative Assistant to work at our East Valley After School Program! A New Leaf’s East Valley After School Program provides programming to children and teens aged 6-17 who qualify for services regarding behavioral health. Qualification requires a child to be AHCCCS eligible, enrolled in the Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care (MMIC) system and to be referred through their Child and Family Team (CFT). A New Leaf's After School Program is a Title XIX funded service.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Answer telephones, schedule, confirm and reschedule clients for services and transportation.
- Check in/out clients as they arrive/leave in the appropriate excel spreadsheet, update all client information in EPM system, and administer surveys to clients as needed.
- Document and maintain appropriate temperatures for refrigerators.
- Maintain AHCCCS for all daily appointments, and provide appropriate paperwork for intakes.
- Disperse mail coming in to ASP to individuals, and maintain employee bulletin board.
- Stock all form bins (copying) and maintain packet files for new clients.
- Possess knowledge, understanding of, and maintain standard office equipment (i.e. printer, copier, fax, etc.), and call for service when necessary.
- Assist with responsibility for appearance, cleanliness, and maintenance of facility and equipment in the agency.
- Update and maintain personal phone log and in house phone list for all staff at ASP.
- Complete purchasing requests for the office and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Follow operations administrative processes and process manuals.
- Assist Finance and Accounts Payable with data reconciliation, correction, correction, and collection.
- Contact insurance agencies to determine eligibility and coordinate administrative processes.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties for program staff including filing, typing, composing, drafting and preparing correspondence/memorandums, and compiling a variety of reports.
- Assist with assurance of compliance with licensing entities and accreditation organizations.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing while working with a diverse population and upholding confidentiality.
- Determine priority for program components in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Be aware of all contractual obligations pursuant upon the facility as a result of placements by each agency.
- Complete other duties as required of the position.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires one (1) year of clerical/administrative experience
- Ability to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, NextGen EMR and other software;
- Experience in behavioral health preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, a clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA