Night Packaging Supervisor
Davenport, IA, USA
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
The Quad-City Times is looking for a hands-on Supervisor for our Packaging Department. This is a night-time role working from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. including weekends. This position requires some experience in distribution processes and equipment as well as strong supervisory skills, excellent organizational skills and good people skills. Applicants must have a demonstrated proficiency in quality control, equipment maintenance and staff development.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, control waste and produce quality work.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate orally in conversation both in person and by telephone.
- Strong people skills and the ability to interact with others and remain focused while dealing with multiple objectives and timelines.
- The ability to work in a team setting, developing and motivating people, and embrace the concept of teamwork.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
- Mechanical and troubleshooting abilities
- A valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
As part of Lee Enterprises, the Quad-City Times offers a professional work environment, a focus on growth opportunities for employees and a full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.