JOB SUMMARY: Plans, coordinates and supervises the distribution operation. Plans distribution activities including hiring of both internal and contracted temporary service staff members, and scheduling, training and disciplinary actions by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
All functions must be performed within established company standards for quality and quantity of work, and other qualification standards such as attendance and rules of conduct; other duties may be assigned.
· Supervises personnel, operational and administrative activities of the distribution function. Ensures the timely and accurate distribution of newspapers, advertising inserts and other printed products and product samples. Provides input for production schedules as they impact the distribution function, staffing requirements necessary to carry out the work, and related costs and pertinent information necessary for appropriate management decisions.
· Participates in long and short-range planning for the distribution area department. Does planning, analyzing and problem solving activities which relating to specific projects or improvement in the overall operation of distribution operations.
· Schedules advance distribution of special section products and coordinates activities with the production, advertising and circulation departments.
· Maintains the integrity of OSHA and hazardous communications, and other safety and health regulatory requirements as it relates to distribution operations. Follows, enforces, and sets leadership example for carrying out company safety initiatives, safety procedures, and safety training.
· Maybe called upon for emergency services as necessary and must be available by telephone as required.
· Responsible for and is expected to manage all routine and non-routine job responsibilities with minimum supervision. The employee has considerable freedom in establishing work objectives, staffing schedules, setting work priorities and authorizing exceptions to standard procedures within the department processes.
· The employee is responsible for making judgments which specifically relate to production and daily operation.
· Responsible for maintaining and enforcing company rules, policies, procedures and safety regulations.
· Refers unusual or complex matters involving personnel issues or extensive machine repair to the director of the department input, action or approval. The employee is responsible for maintaining a high level of discretion relating to employee confidential information and records as well as the organization's financial information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A working knowledge of both technical and mechanical procedures and the maintenance/repair of mailroom equipment is essential. A minimum of four years significant management and supervisory experience required including evaluating work performance and handling subordinate disciplinary situations. The employee must also become thoroughly familiar with the organization's policies, practices, methods and procedures and gain the ability to handle and resolve situations that may occur.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid New Jersey driver's license, proof of current/valid auto insurance and a reliable vehicle is required.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Press of Atlantic City, 1000 W Washington Ave, Pleasantville, New Jersey, United States of America