- Create and maintain custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Optimize custom plugins and themes to improve SEO using best practices and site performance.
- Test websites across multiple browsers, operating systems and devices to identify possible compatibility issues.
- Work with development team to implement new front-end and back-end technology to improve overall website usability.
- Work with client services team to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technology and software.
- Solid understanding of PHP back-end development
- Proficient understanding of WordPress installation, administration, and scalability
- Proficient understanding of custom plugin and theme creation in WordPress
- Proficient understanding of WordPress Hooks, Filters, and coding standards
- Experience with databases and queries
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services technologies
- Understanding of version control software, specifically git
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, experience contending with non-technical co-workers to translate business needs into technical implementation
- Strong problem-solving skills – ability to test, debug and fix existing code as needed
- Comfortable in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
Full benefits package includes: Generous paid time off, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, life insurance and more.TownNews.com offers a chance to be creative, working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere.TownNews.com provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.EOE
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Experience with Sass CSS
- Experience with Web Components
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields and Gravity Forms plugins
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with build AMP-compatible templates