Newsroom Revenue Manager
The Arizona Daily Star is seeking an experienced salesperson to help our newsroom grow our niche digital products, including ThisIsTucson.com and LaEstrellaDeTucson.com. The ideal candidate has experience selling advertising and/or sponsorships, planning and/or managing events, and selling memberships. Grant writing experience would be a strong plus, although training is available for the right candidate. Candidates should be self-motivated and will likely work from home, be a collaborative and community-minded team member who can work across other departments at the Star, and be detail oriented and organized. Must have strong writing skills. This role is based in Tucson, Arizona.
- Selling advertising/sponsorships, managing a sales pipeline, building client relationships
- Managing membership programs
- Managing in-person and virtual events
- Identifying grant opportunities and writing grant proposals
- Partnering with Arizona Daily Star sales staff
- Managing ad fulfillment
- Managing revenue goals for niche products
- Three years of relevant sales or marketing experience
- Strong writing skills are a must
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
The Daily Star in Tucson, Arizona is the only local newspaper covering local breaking news. It has a tradition of serving the residents of Southern Arizona for over a century. As the home of the University of Arizona, Tucson is rich in cultural diversity and a commitment to educational excellence.
We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package along with a professional work environment focusing on growth opportunities for employees.
The Arizona Daily Star is a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background/MVR check prior to commencing employment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Hourly
- Arizona Daily Star, 4850 S PARK AVENUE, TUCSON, Arizona, United States of America