District Manager - Circulation - Regional Circulation
The News & Advance is seeking a District Manager. This position is the direct link between the customers and Independent Contractors. This person must be able to work flexible hours and be on call 24/7, as the situation demands.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Required skills include planning and developing strategies, problem solving, evaluating and setting priorities, good judgment, good communication skills, good attention to detail, and accuracy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Oversees the day-to-day operation of the distribution of the newspaper including Lynchburg, Amherst, Nelson newspapers, TMC products, third party samples, NIE, partner publications and other products as assigned. This position oversees the sales, service and collection efforts for a designated geographical area (district).
- Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of all routes in their district as determined by management.
- Work routes according to department standards to promote carrier success. This requires attention to detail and accuracy. Routes must be renumbered, restickered, and completion of accurate collection records. Changes must be submitted to assure the correct draw is maintained.
- Monitors all service complaints and follows up to maintain good customer relations and strives to maintain complaint ratios at less than 1.0 daily and 1.5 Sunday.
- Follows up on unresolved complaints in a timely manner.
- Makes sure all starts are started in a timely manner.
- Deliver down routes.
- Enforces contract agreement in regards to service issues as needed and due to breech of contract.
- Responsible for distribution of single copy, NIE, and specialty publications.
- Assures delivery of newspapers associated with special events, third party samples, etc.
- Verify transactions turned in by the carrier force such as stops, vacations, sample requests, etc.
- Complete return verification and Syncronex data entry for single copy routes.
- Enforces contract agreement in regards to bonding and collection issues as needed.
- Verify that all single copy carrier payments are collected and deposited each Friday.
- Completes legal or bond paperwork for delinquent accounts.
- Completes carrier credits and submits to Supervisor for approval.
- Handles independent contractor issues promptly.
- Works with Supervisor to resolve any major independent contractor problems.
- Motivates independent contractor force to participate in carrier contests, sampling programs etc. as to increase circulation.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, contracting, and training independent contractors.
- A monitor tag report and ensures all contract renewals are completed prior to expiration date.
- Attends monthly carrier orientation for new contractors and assures that all new contractors successfully complete the carrier orientation program.
- Assist Supervisor in evaluating routes to adjust wholesale rate and makes rate change recommendations to Supervisor. Participates in all rate negotiations requested in writing by carriers.
- Attends weekly District Manager meeting.
- Provides Supervisor with weekly report of activities and results.
- Monitors district to update address database.
- Completes daily report of activities and turns in to Supervisor.
- From time to time as work load and service performance allows, there is a rotating weekend schedule in place. However, DM’s are still expected to be available to carriers, take carrier calls as necessary and will be notified if any route has logged more than 3 complaints and must respond promptly to ensure customer service is handled as quickly as possible.
- Participates in sales efforts and retention efforts to maximize subscriber base in area of responsibility. Efforts include participation in contests, motivating carriers to secure new subscribers, sampling, call nights, etc.
Plus other duties as assigned by management. EOE
- Job Family Circulation
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- The News & Advance, 101 Wyndale Dr, Lynchburg, Virginia, United States of America