The Daily News of Longview, Wash., is looking for a photojournalist who can do it all — from sports and spot news to photo illustrations and multi-media — in a fast-paced newsroom. Be a collaborator. To work here, you must be more than a strong shooter. You have to know news and how to tell stories through pictures. And you also need to work collegially with our reporting staff to produce stories and photos that complement each other and enrich our online presence. You’ll work hard, but your work will get good play and you will have opportunities to engage in story and project planning. And you’ll get to work with a passionate staff that is dedicated to making TDN a valued part of the community.
As part of Lee Enterprises, The Daily News offer excellent earnings potential and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background/DMV check prior to commencing employment.
Please apply online at http://tdn.com/workhere. Submit a cover letter, resume and links to your work or digital portfolio in your online application.
- Shoot photos and video. Caption, tone and transmit in a timely manner for web and print deadlines.
- Prepare photo galleries and make sure visual and written content is online.
- Work with editorial staff to ensure complete and quality coverage.
- Working knowledge of Mac and PC based platforms.
- Technology savvy, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Photo Mechanic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have a positive can-do attitude, and be self-motivated.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Job Family News
- Pay Type Hourly
- Longview, WA, USA