Responsible for obtaining a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support the operations of Kyowa Kirin, Inc. (KKUS) and La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI). Interdepartmental communications with Labs, Accounting, & the Receiving Department. Provide customer service and support to employees on all departmental issues, maintain and distribute the appropriate documentation necessary to process the purchasing transactions in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with Federal regulations (Uniform Guidance & OMB Circular Standards). Responsible for the placement and tracking of purchase orders, expediting deliveries, returns, e-catalog & vendor maintenance, as well as the implementation of strategic sourcing methodology. Ensures that the supply of goods and services are procured at the lowest price & highest quality to support the operations of KKUS & LJI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Placing and confirming orders with vendors & end-users
● Deploy strategic sourcing methodology for major spend categories by vendor price analysis & spend history.
● Dedicated to providing value all the time, especially to internal customers.
● Maximize the utilization of technology; reporting and system features
● Responsible for processing purchase requisitions approvals, order placement, price verification, data entry, and all follow up such as status checks, expediting and returns.
● Identify cost savings and negotiate better pricing when applicable
● Provide training & expertise for online order system (Stella)
● Assist with streamlining departmental procedures
● Assists scientists as needed in sourcing & quote requests
● Assist in resolving shipping and/or billing discrepancies with the AP & Receiving Dept
B.S. or B.A. degree preferred, with minimum 2 years of strategic purchasing experience. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, particularly the ability to cooperate and interface with other Institute personnel, offices and with outside vendors, expert attention to detail. Knowledge of Institute purchasing policies and procedures, cost saving strategies and implementation, process improvement, negotiation, contract negotiation/development/management, cross-functional team cooperation, supplier alliances, e-procurement, category management, program knowledge such as; Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Editor(pdf’s), & Google Document sharing. A minimal understanding of scientific terms, supplies, equipment and experience with procurement B2B ordering through e-Commerce suppliers would be beneficial.
Salary Range: 46K – 60K depending on experience.
How to apply: Interested applicants should upload their resume.
With over 20 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA