Junior Technical Support Specialist
The position provides initial triage technical support. Reviews and acts as primary point of contact for phone, walk-in and ticket support requests. Responsible for clarifying user requests, assisting in directing users to self-help resources and assisting the Tech Support Specialists in ticket resolution. Handles select functions related to employee hiring/terminations such as new machine setups, inventory and phone system updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs the Institute help desk and any/all help systems.
- Performs various account setup, maintenance, and termination.
- Assists with workstation inventory control. Coordinates the specification, licensing control, installation, and upgrading of institute software assets.
- Maintains software license records.
- Assists in technical support of users in the use of file and electronic mail systems
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
Knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows operating systems. Experience with computer hardware and prior help desk experience a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume.
With over 20 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA