Part Time Facilities Maintenance
Main responsibility will be to perform general building maintenance and repairs.
• Checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Exterior weed/grass control
• Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
• Remove and replace light bulbs inside and outside facility
• Repair fixtures, hardware, Doors, machinery, etc.
Work with Janitor on high detail areas for dusting/cleaning (IE, elevated areas of branch using ladders/lifts)
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to be a self-starter with little or no supervision.
• Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
• Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
• Ability to repetitiously bend [stoop and/or squat] to lift items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
• Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and employees, and to read receipts and reports.
• Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
• Ability to count, add subtract and balance columns of numbers.
• Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry a requirement
• Add items related to repairs
§ Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in a room with little or no outside light, cement floor and walls. Also exterior, cleaning parking areas
§ Possible [but limited] exposure to gasoline fumes associated with forklift equipment.
§ Part time schedule of 20-30 hours per week.
§ This position will typically be Monday-Friday, but could include a weekend from time to time for special projects.
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.75
- Seattle, WA 98188, USA