District HR Manager
The District Human Resources Manager (DHRM)
will plan, lead, direct, develop, recommend, implement and coordinate human
resource activities, policies, procedures, and programs for the assigned
District(s), assist upper management to ensure legal compliance and
implementation of the organization’s mission. This position manages activities
relating to staffing, employee education and training, management development,
labor relations, legal compliance, affirmative action, benefits administration
and salary administration.
• Collaborates with Regional Human Resources
to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing,
recruitment, and retention.
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates and
implements processes, training, initiatives to support the Human Resources
compliance and strategy needs.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation
to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the HR
department within the assigned District(s)
• Hires, trains, evaluates employee
performance and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers and disciplinary
• With the Corporate Talent Acquisition
Department facilitates the timely hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions;
collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies
required for the openings. This includes leading efforts and partnering with
hiring manager and Corporate Talent Acquisition in the recruiting efforts,
ensuring job postings are accurate, screening, interviewing and selecting
• Visits branches in the District at least
once a quarter to audit and ensure compliance to all HR processes.
• Oversight of the handling of employee
disputes and investigations.
• Approves terminations and Discipline
Actions for the District in accordance with company policy.
• Coordinates all EEOC responses and other
federal, state requests for information
• Audits quarterly the ESIS leave process;
adherence to unemployment requests through the ADP portal system and using
DayForce, reports the district’s adherence to suspension, and leaves process.
• May represent the company at
personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Conducts research and analysis of
organizational trends in the District(s)
• Conducts training programs for middle
management on topics that will improve and enhance management performance.
• May participate in collective bargaining
• May supervise HR Coordinators and HR
Generalists. Recruits, interviews, hires and train s new staff in the HR field.
• Prepares reports and recommends procedures
to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
• Consults with District Vice President on
District HR goals and Issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation
• Excellent organizational skills and
attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with
proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem solving
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the
organization and employees.
• Thorough knowledge of employment related
laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite,
Excel or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly
learn the Ceridian Day Force systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources,
Business Administration or related field; Master degree is preferred.
• At least seven (7) years’ of Human
Resources management experience required.
• PHR certification a plus
Reports to: Region Human Resources Director
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Loomis Armored Kansas City, KS, 1403 Fairfax Trfy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America