Janitor - Ontario (1220)
Starting Rate: $16
Scheduled Hours: Monday – Friday and occasionally Saturday shifts of 12 PM – 8:30 PM
Loomis employees drive the very core of our business. Our success depends on our team members, and that’s why it’s important for us to offer an employee benefits program that is not only extremely comprehensive, but also one of the best in the industry. Key benefit components include:
Health insurance, Dental, Vision plan
Employee assistance plan
Short-term and Long-term disability
Basic life insurance plan
Voluntary life insurance plan
Flexible spending account
Dependent care account
Paid time off & holiday pay
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as mopping and waxing floors, dusting, deep cleaning of all bathrooms, and removing trash. Perform General Building Maintenance a Repairs
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing, and vacuuming. This includes the use and care of floor cleaning machines and buffers.
- Gather, empty, and discard trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours, guarding vendors and doors as needed, and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Remove and replace light bulbs inside and outside facility
- Add things like… Repair fixtures, hardware, paint etc…….
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to be a self-starter with little or no supervision.
- Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
- Ability to repetitiously bend [stoop and/or squat] to lift items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
- Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and employees, and to read receipts and reports.
- Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
- Ability to count, add subtract and balance columns of numbers.
- Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry a plus.
- Add items related to repairs
- Work is performed indoors in a room with little or no outside light, cement floor and walls. Also exterior, cleaning parking areas
- The area is heated for winter, air-conditioned for summer.
- Possible [but limited] exposure to gasoline fumes associated with forklift equipment.
- Full-time schedule can consist of 40-50 hours per week.
- Full-time employees will be assigned to work a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Ontario, CA, USA