The Operations Manager will be responsible for implementing and administering Loomis policies and procedures as well as monitoring and controlling daily operations and assisting with long-term operation of armored car routes and the cash vault.
The Operations Manager will work alongside Management to develop, maintain, and supervise a professional employee-centered culture, a safe and secure operation, a high level of service delivery, and cost effective and productive operations. This includes operational responsibility for all route operations (armored and ATM), vault and facility security operations as directed by the Branch Manager.
Typical Duties / Responsibilities:
- Complete and maintaining scheduling/routing on daily basis
- Oversight and coordination of armored and ATM route, dispatch, first-line ATM
maintenance, vault, and terminal operations.
- Maintaining effectiveness and efficiency of route, terminal, and vault operations.
- Safety of employees, vehicles, and facilities through training, monitoring and
enforcement of policies and procedures
- Security of cargo and terminal through training, monitoring, and enforcement of policies
and procedures including terminal opening and closing.
- Investigating accidents and processing required paperwork
- Developing and maintaining customer service capabilities among all operations staff.
- Responding to customer inquiries and or complaints and solving logistical issues.
- Coordinating with sales, other Division branches and departments, Division and corporate
staff, other carriers, and vendors in creating and implementing viable
operational solutions to new customers.
- Controlling overtime hours. Monitoring employee vacation schedules. Maintaining
effectiveness and efficiency of operational functions.
- Communication with all employees to Immediately resolve any outstanding issues and/or
- Completion of any and all additional responsibilities that are assigned by the Branch
Manager and/or other Management Team Members on an “as needed” basis.
- Provide leadership that is dedicated to professionalism, continuous improvement, and
exceeding challenging goals and objectives.
- Recruiting, interviewing, testing, selecting, training, and supervising of operations personnel.
- Oversight and coordination of maintenance of vehicles, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Emergency response to include response to employee injuries, facility security incidents,
vehicle incidents and security investigations.
- Manipulation and maintenance of route and vault data to include manual paperwork and
- All other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid firearms permit.
- A strong, positive, leadership and supervisory presence proven through professional experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to teach, coach, and present to small and large groups is required.
- Experience in transportation and warehousing, transportation logistics, or a related field required.
- Experience in banking or retail cash, and ATM operations preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Strong desire to succeed, advance, grow your career, and work for an industry and company-leading branch is required.
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry leading Training and Development
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA