Memphis, TN, USA Req #1323
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company’s managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as mopping and waxing floors, dusting, deep cleaning of all bathrooms, and removing trash.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing, and vacuuming. This includes the use and care of floor cleaning machines and buffers.
• Gather, empty, and discard trash.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
• Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to be a self-starter with little or no supervision.
• Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo
• Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
• Ability to repetitiously bend [stoop and/or squat] to lift items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
• Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and employees, and to read receipts and reports.
• Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
• Ability to count, add subtract and balance columns of numbers.
• Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry a plus.
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.00
- Memphis, TN, USA